In the words of journalist Margaret Fuller, “Today a reader, tomorrow a leader.”
Episode 17 couldn’t agree more.
On this episode of Comp + Coffee, we’re discussing the books that have influenced us — both in our professional and personal lives. Co-host Shawn LaVana polled a few members of the Payfactors team to see what reads have inspired them to be stronger leaders, employees, or just better people in general.
And don’t worry, episode 17 covers a wide range of topics, not just business-y books! (But, hey, don’t turn your nose up at a good business read, people.)
All the books discussed in this episode are linked below. Hopefully, you’ll be as inspired as we were!
And if you like what you hear, be sure to subscribe and give us a 5-star rating!
The Comp + Coffee Reading List
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things: Building a Business When There are No Easy Answers by Ben Horowitz
- Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything by Steven Levitt
- The Five Dysfunctions of the Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- Death By Meeting: A Leadership Fable…About Solving the Most Painful Problem in Business by Patrick Lencioni
- The Five Temptations of a CEO by Patrick Lencioni
- The Ideal Team Player: How to Recognize and Cultivate the Three Essential Virtues: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- How to Win Friends & Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The Goal: A Process of Ongoing Improvement by Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Moneyball: The Art of Winning an Unfair Game by Michael Lewis
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Won’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- Thinking, Fast and Slow by David Kahneman
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley